Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: a letter from the travelling doll

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am a shy, quiet girl; I like to live in stories of other people. On a sunny day you will find me in a book. I love books based in history or fantasy. I feel drawn towards fairies, maybe because in fairies I see bright, colorful spirits that fly away and hide when people turn to look at them.
    My best friend is felicity, she won't let me stay in a book, she makes me go outside and play, or direct plays. We really like to do her tea lesson play!!
    I am very shy. I am so shy I can hardly believe what I am about to do!
    I am about to leave my home and travel all around the United States, even as far as Alaska! The idea makes me want to run in my room and close the door but, I am not running, I am doing this.
    Now, why am I doing something that is so obviously hard for me to do? Easy. I have no name. Some people may think getting a name is no big deal, but I don't want JUST a name. I want my TRUE name. That is why this is not a simple vacation, this is a QUEST. The quest for my true name. That is why I am going.
    This is the most important thing I will do in my life. And when you're faced with the most important thing you could do in your life, you need to put your fear aside, take a deep breath, and step forward into possibility.
    So, here I am, taking deep breaths, trying not to hyperventilate, cause soon I am going to step out of my house and into your. Soon I will leave everything that feels safe and familiar, but I am excited too, because when you're about to do something you have never believed you could do, you get excited. I never knew I had this much drive, this much determination.
    Seeing these things in myself makes me wonder, what else will I discover about me on my quest? What about me can my true name unlock?
    I've looked at my future families from far away, I've looked at friends I've never thought I'd meet and been told about places I never thought I would see and it makes me think, if I have discovered this courage inside me now and I haven't even finished packing, what will I have discovered by my journey's end?
    So, I am on my way. Take good care of me, keep my family informed, I haven't even left and Felicity already misses me. Most important of all, remind me that I have the strength inside to do anything!
    -1995 AGTD

    Here is her goodbye album:


    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...2123307756&idx

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    americangirlsrus she will be at your house on moday!

  3. #3
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    I love your album. It's so sweet! I love her already!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Makes me want to host her too!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

    She needs a name though, poor thing!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I felt like crying. She looks so scared and Felicity was so good to her.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She is so sweet. I love the fairy border on your wall. Where did you get it? [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lacy, my mom found them at ben franklins, they are wall paper stickers. awwsome huh!!
    It feels so weird looking at my doll collection, since we don't have many, now we REALLY don't have many!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, we're already in love! We hope we can help her out on her quest for her true name!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also want to know if there is a way to allow her host families to put their pictures right onto this album. How do I do that?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think no one can add to albums except the album owner. Each doll host can create her own album, or we can email pictures to you that you can add to yours - or both! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •